Bellevue Public Library seeks a part-time clerk 1 for the Circulation Department. This position will work up to 16 hours a week. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours are included in the schedule.
A Circulation Clerk I is responsible for clerical duties associated with the circulation of Library materials so this employee must have a basic understanding of web browsers, be able to perform basic internet searches, and perform simple searches on the Library's catalog. In addition, they must also have a demonstrated general understanding of basic computer skills, a demonstrated knowledge of the Library's website, computer equipment, the ability to use email, and the ability to use a word processing program.
Along with the commitment and desire to provide excellent service to Library patrons, all Bellevue Public Library employees must have the ability to comprehend and follow Library policies and procedures as established by the Board of Trustees and develop and maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. Employees must also be able to develop an awareness of Library-wide operations, communicate in the English language, satisfactorily perform all responsibilities of a specific job title, meet the physical requirements of that same job title, have the ability to work according to the priorities established by the supervisor, adapt to change and exercise good judgment at all times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate.
- Basic keyboard and typing skills.
- Well-developed clerical skills.
- Well-developed oral communication skills.
- Experience serving and assisting customers.
- A valid driver's license.
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist patrons with Circulation services.
- Check in and out and renew library materials at assigned service desk.
- Sort books and other materials in alphabetic or numeric order.
- Answer and route all incoming telephone calls.
- Accept monetary payments to the library for fines, fees, etc.
- Accurately record cash transactions.
- Issue new and replacement Library cards and assist patrons with registration forms.
- Empty book drops as required.
- Reserve Library materials.
- Assist patrons with basic reference and directional questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: Pay range for this position begins at $11 an hour
This position reports to the Circulation Manager.
Cover letter and resume with 3 references can be e-mailed to:
or mailed to:
Patty Marsh, Bellevue Public Library, 224 East Main St, Bellevue, Oh 44811
Review of resumes will begin January 30, but resumes will be accepted until position filled.