Explore backyard biology, including both fauna and flora, with the Backyard Science STEM Kit.
3+ | PreK+
- 3 Books
- Backyard Biology: Investigate Habitats Outside Your Door with 25 Projects – Donna Latham and Beth Hetland (illustrator) (2 copies including in kit)
- Pull-Back Busy Bug Book – Ben Mantle and Fiona Watt
- Real Bugs Discovery Kit – Includes 12 real insects in clear acrylic, magnifying glass, bug tray, and full-color guide
- Butterflies and a Spider Matching game by eeBoo
- 2 Tiny World Insects games by Find It® Games – Use the Xplorescope® 45x magnifying mini-microscope with an attached LED light to locate the 300+ hidden objects scattered around the 12 themed Tiny World cards. (for 1 or more players, ages 6+)
- 2 Life Cycle of a Monarch Butterfly Kits – Includes 4 lifesize figurines and factsheet
- 2 GeoSafari® Jr. Bugnoculars – Safely observe bugs, flowers, leaves, and more up close with this transparent, lightweight, beathable container.
- 3 Magnifying Glasses
- USB 2.0 Digital Microscope (requires computer with software installed)
- Resource Binder
- App list
- Idea sheets
- Empty page sleeves to add your program flyers or helpful tips to share with future users
Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope
- 2.0 Megapixels, up to 250x magnification (Note: Final magnification corresponds to monitor size)
- Uses a webcam chipset and sensor to support a nearly any operating system and standard webcam software
- Built-in LED halo light with brightness adjustment control
- Flexible arm stand with observation pad includes graduated marks for easy measurement
- Capacitive touch button to initiate image capture
- Image, video, and time-lapse capture initiated from within the downloadable companion software
This STEM Kit was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.