Dash and Dot are animated, programmable, and friendly robots that empower children to explore robotics learning through play. Both bots move, glow, make sounds, sense their environment, and interact with each other; and they are wirelessly programmable. The three Wonder Workshop apps making programming these bots easy, and the included Challenge Cards and Curriculum Guide provide everything needed to teach the six fundamental coding concepts: sequences, loops, events, conditionals, functions, and variables. Including both a Dash robot and Dot robot, this kit is ideal for small group programs.
*Two kits available
- 1 Dash robot
- 1 Dot robot
- 6 Building block connectors (for use with LEGOs or LEGO compatible bricks)
- 1 Bulldozer bar
- 1 Tow hook
- 1 Launcher set with 3 balls
- 6 Target stackers
- 2 Bunny ears
- 1 Bunny tail
- 1 Learn to Code Challenge Cards Starter Pack
- 2 Kindle Fire HD10 tablets with apps installed
- Resource Binder
- Your Guide to Getting Started with STEM, Robotics, and Coding (PDF)
- Blockly for Dash & Dot Lesson Ideas (PDF)
- Handouts, Worksheets, and Evaluation Rubric (PDF)
Includes Challenge Card tips and tricks, planning worksheets, troubleshooting, and more.
Additional Resources Available Online
- Glossary (PDF)
- Building Brick Extensions Instructions
- Bulldozer Bar Instructions
- Bunny Ears & Tail Instructions
- Launcher Instructions
- Tow Hook
- Launcher for Dash Robot – Getting Started Guide Video by Wonder Workshop (YouTube)
- Hour of Code Video (YouTube) – Watch how 1st grade students learn how to code Dash to drive through a maze.
The Kindle Fire tablets included in this kit come with the following 3 apps installed.
Wonder (Dash and Dot)
- With a picture-based language and guided challenges, the Wonder app comes packed with over 300 challenges that will teach you how to code while having fun.
- Dash and Dot Robot Wonder app tutoral by Wonder Workshop
- Wonder Tutorials YouTube playlist by Wonder Workshop (17 videos)
Blockly (Dash and Dot)
Blockly is a drag-and-drop visual programming tool that introduces children as young as 6 to fundamental programming concepts including:
Command Sequences and Control Flow
Sensors and Events through creative problem solving.
- Path introduces children to sequences, events, and sensors through its simple draw, drag, and drop interface. Plan, program, and execute an adventure for Dash while learning fundamental concepts of computational thinking.
Concepts taught in Path:
- Algorithm design
- Command sequences
- Control flow
- Sensors and Events
- Problem solving
App Overview Video by Wonder Workshop (YouTube)
This STEM Kit was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.