Learn the basic principles of measurement with eight books and a variety of fun measuring tools.
Preschool – Grade 1
- Books (8):
- How Tall, How Short, How Far Away? – David A. Adler and Nancy Tobin
- Inch by Inch – Leo Lionni
- Inchworm and a Half – Elinor J. Pinczes and Randall Enos
- Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is? – Robert E. Wells
- Jim and the Beanstalk – Raymond Briggs
- Lucy in the City – Julie Dillemuth and Laura Wood
- Mapping My Day – Julie Dillemuth and Laura Wood
- Temperature – Julia Vogel
- Precision School Balances with a set of 10 weights (2)
- Student Balances (2)
- Pretend & Play Tape Measures (2)
- Paper Rulers (16)
- Small 6' Tape Measures (3)
- Flexible Yellow Measuring Tapes (40)
- 12-inch plastic rulers (40)
- 500 Multi-colored Cubes
- Resource binder
Additional Resources Available Online
- One Foot Wonders Activity – Explore standard and nonstandard measurement by hunting for objects that are one foot long. Then, work together to create a collaborative story about the items they find.
This STEM Kit was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.